THE ULTIMATE KENYA TRAVEL GUIDE
Experience the magic of Kenya, where pristine wilderness meets vibrant culture. Our Kenya travel guide is your gateway to the enchanting landscapes, from the sprawling savannahs of Amboseli to the untamed beauty of Tsavo National Park.
Discover the fascinating Maasai culture, witness the iconic Big Five in their natural habitat, and embark on thrilling safari adventures. Whether you seek adrenaline-pumping activities or serene escapes, let our guide unveil the hidden gems and must-see attractions of Kenya, ensuring an unforgettable journey of exploration.
INTERESTING THINGS TO DO
- Giraffe Centre – Nairobi: Prepare to be mesmerized by the Giraffe Centre in Nairobi, where you’ll come face to face with the magnificent long-necked creatures. Get the chance to feed them, witness their graceful movements, and even capture some incredible selfies with these gentle giants. It’s an extraordinary encounter that will leave you in awe.
- Maasai Mara Game Reserve: Welcome to the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, a vast wilderness that pulsates with the heartbeats of untamed nature. Here, you’ll witness nature’s symphony as herds of wildebeest, zebras, and other wildlife traverse the golden savannahs in search of life-sustaining water and lush grasslands. Brace yourself for breathtaking sightings and untold adventures in this mesmerizing realm.
- Lamu Island: Step into a paradise frozen in time on Lamu Island, where the whispers of ancient history echo through its narrow streets. Explore the mystical allure of Swahili culture as you wander amidst intricately carved doors, colorful markets, and idyllic beaches that invite you to unwind and soak up the tropical splendor. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of Lamu’s timeless charm.
- Visa and Travel Documents: Check the visa requirements for Kenya and ensure you have a valid passport with at least six months’ validity. It’s also recommended to carry photocopies of your important travel documents.
- Time Zone: Kenya operates on East Africa Time (EAT), which is UTC+3. Adjust your watches accordingly and plan your activities accordingly.
- Language: The official languages in Kenya are English and Swahili. Learning a few basic Swahili phrases can enhance your interactions with locals.
- Plugs: In Kenya, you’ll encounter type G power plugs and sockets with a standard voltage of 240 V and a frequency of 50 Hz. So, if you’re planning to visit and you’re from another country, don’t forget to grab a universal adapter that comes with surge protection. And hey, for all those folks with fabulous hair, make sure to get a converter specifically designed for your precious hair dryers and hot tools. Trust me, you don’t want any unexpected sparks flying during your Kenyan adventure! Stay powered up and keep your gadgets and locks in perfect shape while enjoying all that Kenya has to offer.
- Currency: The official currency is the Kenyan Shilling (KES). It’s advisable to carry some local currency for small purchases, but major hotels and tourist areas accept credit cards.
HOTELS TO CHECK OUT: KENYA TRAVEL GUIDE
English point marina
Surrender to coastal enchantment at English Point Marina, where luxury finds its ultimate expression.
Delight in breathtaking ocean views, indulge in sumptuous accommodations, and soak up the ambiance of tranquility. Whether you’re unwinding by the infinity pool, savoring culinary masterpieces, or embarking on water adventures,
English Point Marina promises a blissful escape from the ordinary.
JW marriott nairobi
Enter a realm of timeless luxury at JW Marriott Nairobi, where unparalleled comfort awaits.
Revel in elegant accommodations, savor world-class cuisine, and unwind in the epitome of refined relaxation. Located in the heart of Nairobi, this sanctuary of sophistication offers a seamless blend of tranquility and urban vitality.
Allow JW Marriott Nairobi to elevate your stay to new heights of indulgence.
Fairmount mara safari club
Prepare for an extraordinary escape into the untamed beauty of the Masai Mara at Fairmont Mara Safari Club.
Embrace the allure of luxury amidst the wilderness as you relax in spacious tents, revel in exceptional dining experiences, and embark on thrilling game drives through the expansive savannah.
Let the magic of the Mara weave its spell and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Immerse yourself in the cosmopolitan heartbeat of Nairobi at Sankara, a sanctuary of sophistication and refined elegance.
Experience lavish accommodations, exemplary service, and unparalleled comfort at every turn. Indulge in culinary delights, unwind in chic surroundings, and discover the pulsating energy of the city.
Sankara Nairobi sets the stage for an unforgettable urban escape.
CITIES: KENYA TRAVEL GUIDE
Located on the coast of Kenya, Mombasa is a vibrant city known for its stunning beaches and rich history. With its Swahili influence, you’ll find a mix of cultures, delicious cuisine, and bustling markets. Explore the Old Town’s narrow streets, visit the historic Fort Jesus, or relax on the pristine white sands of Diani Beach.
Nestled in the Great Rift Valley, Nakuru is renowned for its beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. The park is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts, offering sightings of rhinos, flamingos, and various bird species. Take a game drive through the park, visit the picturesque Lake Nakuru, or explore the nearby Menengai Crater for breathtaking views.
Situated on the shores of Lake Naivasha, this town is a gateway to adventure and natural wonders. Explore Hells Gate National Park, known for its dramatic cliffs and scenic landscapes. Take a boat ride on the lake, spot wildlife in Crescent Island Game Park, or relax in one of the lakeside resorts.
A coastal paradise, Watamu boasts pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and a vibrant marine ecosystem. Snorkel or dive in the Watamu Marine National Park to discover colorful coral reefs and marine life. Explore the Arabuko Sokoke Forest, home to rare bird species, or visit the Gede Ruins to learn about the region’s Swahili heritage.
Kenya’s bustling capital city, Nairobi offers a mix of urban attractions and natural wonders. Visit the Nairobi National Park, where you can spot wildlife against a city backdrop. Explore the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Giraffe Centre, or Karen Blixen Museum. Experience the vibrant culture at local markets, sample diverse cuisine, and immerse yourself in Nairobi’s energetic atmosphere.
NATIONAL PARKS: KENYA TRAVEL GUIDE
As one of Kenya’s most iconic national parks, the Maasai Mara offers an unparalleled safari experience. Witness the Great Migration, where millions of wildebeest and zebras traverse the vast plains. Encounter the Big Five and other wildlife in their natural habitat. Immerse yourself in Maasai culture with a visit to a local village. The Maasai Mara is a must-visit destination for any Kenya travel guide.
Top Lodges In The Maasai Mara
Looking for the top lodges and hotels to stay at in the Maasai Mara? See our Top 12 Lodges reviews
AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
Located at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, Amboseli National Park showcases breathtaking views and incredible wildlife encounters. Witness elephants roaming against the backdrop of Africa’s highest peak. Embark on game drives to spot lions, cheetahs, and giraffes. Explore the park’s diverse habitats, including swamps, savannahs, and woodlands. Amboseli is a photographer’s paradise and a highlight of any Kenya travel experience.
TSAVO NATIONAL PARK
Split into Tsavo East and Tsavo West, this expansive national park is Kenya’s largest, offering an immersive safari adventure. Explore rugged landscapes, dense forests, and volcanic hills. Encounter a rich diversity of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and rhinos. Visit the stunning Mzima Springs and witness the underwater world through its crystal-clear waters. Tsavo is a hidden gem in the Kenya travel guide.
HELLS GATE NATIONAL PARK
Located near Lake Naivasha, Hell’s Gate National Park is a unique destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Explore dramatic cliffs, deep gorges, and towering rock formations. Hike or bike through the park’s stunning landscapes, encountering wildlife along the way. Enjoy thrilling activities such as rock climbing and hot springs bathing. Hell’s Gate offers a remarkable adventure for those seeking an adrenaline rush in Kenya.